FAST Ltd the leading UK experts in
Software asset Management and Licence compliance demystify the
rules around on premise and hosted licensing models in today’s ever
expanding virtual environments.
Infrastructure refresh and change can have a
profound impact on licensing throughout the organisation.
We have designed this course to provide
delegates with in depth up to date information available for
virtual licensing. This course covers areas such as virtual
licensing in the Server and SQL environments it covers external
connectors, , processor and client access licenses. We also look at
the different licensing models in the Hosted or cloud environment
and compare some of the different technology providers out there
offering technology solutions in the Virtual server and VDI
Course attendees should already have a basic
knowledge of software licensing or have attended our FAST Software
managers course and our Microsoft Licensing Seminar.
- Virtualisation principles and licensing servers.
- Virtual PCs including Microsoft's Virtual Desktop
Infrastructure and Virtual Desktop Access.
- Extended User Rights for Windows & SQL Servers.
- General principles of licensing in the virtual world.
- Citrix Remote Desktop Server in the physical and virtual
- VMware Licensing principles
- Hosted Licensing rules, SAL’s SPLA’s and Licence mobility
- Cost effective ways of buying the licenses you need through
volume licensing, OEM or retail products.
This training course has been certified by the Continuing
Professional Development Service and can count towards an
individual's own CPD.
20th June - London
18th September - Birmingham
23rd October - Edinburgh
21st November - London
To make a booking, please contact FAST Events at firstname.lastname@example.org or 0844
8155741, and provide delegate’s name, email address and PO
number/credit card details for £269 + VAT per delegate for FAST
customers, and £599 + VAT for non FAST customers.